Thursday, September 22, 2011

How to Nail Halloween

It is no secret to anyone that knows me...Halloween is my all-time favorite holiday. The costumes, makeup and nails blend together beautifully on that one night of the year where everyone gets to partake in the magic of make-believe. Ever since I was little, I've looked to Hollywood for fun, fashionable and frightful Halloween-inspired nails to complete my transformations. Classic film and television characters are always popular inspiration for costumes and no look is complete without the proper manicure to put the finishing touches on it. Those that always made an impression were the wild and wicked Morticia Addams and Lily Munster, who always rocked pointed red stiletto nails to compliment their goth ensembles. My personal favorite, Queen of Halloween Elvira's nails are always long and rounded in a shiny black hue. Those with a softer sensibility, such as fairies and princesses can take their cues from "I Dream of Jeannie" with her flawless French Manicure. And for costumes that don't have a specific "nail-look" to reference? Follow the lead of Halloween enthusiasts Kim Kardashian and Heidi Klum, who always tailor their manicures to complement their specific choice of costume. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I totally match my nails to my outfits on big occasions (especially Halloween). If my nails are going to make an appearance in the bagillion pictures I plan to make my friends' boyfriends take of us...then you better believe I'm matching those babies to my costume!

    ReplyDelete