Monday, October 17, 2011

Back in Black


Back in black – polish that is. Once reserved for the punk and gothic counter culture, this eye-catching hue now makes a bold statement in film, on the runway, and on the streets. Fashionable celebrities such as Gwen Stefani and Sarah Michelle Gellar have been seen rocking this sophisticated look of late. In fact, Gwen had all of the models in her L.A.M.B Fall 2011 runway show sporting striking black manis.

The key to an awesome all black manicure is well-groomed nails and the perfect shade. Union Jack Black from butter LONDON is my personal favorite! Let's not forget that Halloween is right around the corner and any gals go-to hue for added drama is definitely dark and sexy shades of black. Want to dress it up? Try a matte top coat for a velvety effect or add a glitter top coat for some sparkle!

1 comment:

  1. I am usually a pink nail polish girl myself, but two of my good friend always paint their nails dark colors and I'm always jealous of how sleek it looks. Thanks for the tip, this may be my time to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete